Secondary Schools Programme
SHAKESPEARE FESTIVAL 20th – 24th Jan 2020
Following the huge success of the inaugural Shakespeare Festival in
January 2019, dlr Mill Theatre is delighted to announce that the 2020 Shakespeare Festival will be bigger and better than ever. Our aim is to create a unique opportunity for students to experience Shakespeare as it should be experienced, on the stage. The festival framework gives teachers the opportunity to develop their chosen Shakespeare text in class through performance. With given texts and fixed timetables, the onus is placed firmly on the students’ shoulders to interact meaningfully with the project at hand but each entry will receive a workshop with an experienced Drama Facilitator to start the ball rolling. Entries are then invited to bring their own 30 minute production to perform on our stage and compete for a selection of awards including Best Production, Best Actor and Best Ensemble.
- For more information please contact firstname.lastname@example.org or call us on (01)2969340
ECLIPSED Feb 2020
Directed by Kate Canning
Further to the success of Playboy of The Western World, Sunflower Productions return with a particularly pertinent and thought-provoking production of Patricia Burke Brogan’s Eclipsed which is a new addition to the 2019/2020 English Syllabus.
Set in 1963 in a convent laundry at St. Paul’s Home for Penitent Women in Killmacha, Ireland, Eclipsed explores the practice of making pregnant and unwed Irish mothers work as ‘penitents’ in church-run laundries.
- Dates: Tues 4th – Wed 5th Feb 2020 at 10am & 1:30pm
- Dates: Thu 6th – Sat 8th Feb 2020 Matinee performances at 1:30pm
- Dates: Thu 6th – Sat 8th Feb 2020 Evening performances at 7:30PM
- Ticket Price for mornings and matinee performances: €12 per student (1 Teacher per 20 students goes free)
- Ticket Price for evening performances: €18 per student (1 Teacher per 20 students goes free)
- Q&A with Director & Cast after the Saturday Matinee
ROMEO + JULIET Feb 2020
For the Junior Cycle, in Spring 2020, Mill Productions will reprise their sell-out production of Romeo and Juliet, directed by Geoff O’Keeffe.
This abridged version is an ideal opportunity to expose Junior Cycle students to their first live Shakespeare experience.
- Dates: 27th Feb – 13th March 2020
- Weekdays: 10am and 1.30pm
- Ticket Price €12.50 per student (1 Teacher per 20 goes free)
- Early Booking Advisable
- For more info please contact email@example.com or call us on (01)2969340
Drama Workshops – All Year Round
Throughout the year dlr Mill Theatre offer you and your pupils the opportunity to really engage with your chosen Play by offering Drama Workshops to bring these texts to life:
- Venue: The workshops take place in your own school
- Duration: 90 mins
- Available workshops: HAMLET, KING LEAR, ROMEO AND JULIET, THE MERCHANT OF VENICE, & MACBETH also Marina Carr, Ibsen, Miller, O’Casey, Synge, Wilde
- €5 per student (Dublin) & €7 per student (Outside Dublin)
Ger Carey Live, 2019
Hidden Strength Speaker Series, 2019
Music Theatre Workshop, 2018
King Lear, 2017