Declan Sinnott and Vickie Keating Thu 9th Feb 2017
World renowned Irish Guitarist, Producer, Songwriter and Folk Legend Declan Sinnott accompanied by Vicky Keating.
“Window on the World” is Wexford man Declan’s second album was released in May 2015.
- Despite making music for nearly fifty years his first solo album “I love the noise it makes” was only recorded aged 62.
- Declan was a founding member of Horslips and Moving Hearts. He guided the career of Mary Black for over thirteen years.
- Declan enjoys writing and his website/Facebook pages are filled with his musings on life.
- All the songs on the album either written by Declan or co-written with his good friend, business entrepreneur, Owen O’Brien. Declan says of Owen “ He doesn’t work as a musician, he has too much sense!”
- Declan is a keen photographer and makes his own videos for tracks.
- All the songs were recorded at Declan’s own home studio, plus he played all the instruments on the album. All harmonies on “Window on the World” were sung by Vickie Keating.
He has worked as a guitarist and producer for Christy Moore for over thirty years and regularly appears with him on tour. Declan will be on tour with Christy for Irish and UK dates as well as his own headline shows.
“12 unhurried tracks that shine with an easy grace…the songs honesty and winning tunefulness allied to the subtle playing and production make this a debut album of note” Joe Breen, IRISH TIMES
“Instantly appealing…gorgeously yearning melodies and poignant vocals. It goes without saying that the guitar playing is deft and sumptuous. Listen up” Colm O’Hare **** HOT PRESS
“This debut reminds listeners that he is a master of mellow, whose gloriously understated vocals are accompanied by a neat mix of acoustic and electric guitars” Siobhan Maguire, SUNDAY TIMES