Make A Movie Summer Camp 21st - 25th Aug 2017
Make A Movie Summer Camp
Monday 21 – Friday 25 August, 2017
Call us on 012969340 or email email@example.com to book your place
Course Directors: Sean O’Briain, Nora O’Briain
Assistant: Aela O’Flynn
Danielle graduated from the University of West London with a BA Hons Degree in Acting for Stage & Media. Her credits include Step Up 3D (Film), Great War Diaries (TV) and Lived (Film) The Crucible (Theatre) and Dracula (Theatre). She also works as a talent agent and music consultant.
Sean is an RTE Producer and TV Director, with 20 years experience in broadcasting – working with RTE Young Peoples’ Programmes and RTE Sport. He has a BA in Music, Media & Communications.
Nora is a youth worker with eight years direct experience with young people aged 10-25, facilitating a range of personal development and empowerment programmes. She has a Masters Degree in Training.
Aela is a experienced teenage actor, having worked in Film (Gold, 2014), TV, Radio and Theatre, including a run off London’s West end. She is a graduate of Dublin’s Independent Theatre Workshop.
5 days, 10am-3pm each day (Lunch 12-1pm)
Age range: 10-17, split into 10-13 and 14-17
Fee per student: €150
Students will be given the opportunity to try various roles in the film-making process, and given guidance on appropriate use of phones, filming and social media. They will learn key skills including…
– Film Production: the various roles and responsibilities on a film/TV set
– Pre-Production: how to plan, research and script
– Camerawork: basics of camerawork, dos and don’ts; how to film on mobile phones/tablets
– Presenting/Acting for camera
– Post-Production/Editing: selecting the best shots, editing, adding music; the best apps to use
– Broadcast: how to upload films to YouTube