Box Office Assistant Role
This role will focus on providing exemplary customer service to all patrons of DLR Mill Theatre by performing individual ticket sales and customer assistance both over the phone and in person.
What the Part-Time Box-Office Assistant will be responsible for:
- To present the venue as welcoming, accessible and friendly to existing and potential customers, maintaining the highest level of customer care.
- To be responsible for the successful delivery of a first class sales and customer service.
- To efficiently operate the theatre’s box office and floor areas, including pre and post show, during intervals and at events.
- Operating the Box Office, selling tickets and responding to queries in person, over email and over the telephone, handling cash, card sales etc. and accounting for all monies taken
- To be a point of information about the venue and all its activities, promoting the building to the widest possible audience
- To be aware of all the access facilities that the dlr Mil Theatre offers its customers and to actively promote these facilities to the public.
- Ensuring all front of house areas, especially the box office, are kept tidy at all times.
Personal Specification: Essential skills, attributes and experience
- One year of customer service, ticket sales, or clerical related work experience.
- Computerized ticketing experience
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Word and Excel and other related computer skills required.
- Ability to meet tight deadlines and work well under pressure.
- Strong organizational skills, time management skills and attention to detail required.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to prioritize and manage multiple tasks/projects.
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision, be self-directed and demonstrate initiative.
- Must be able to work flexible hours including evenings, weekends and occasional holiday
- Part Time / Hourly Salary
- Compensation based on experience.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, gender identity or expression, age, national origin or ancestry, citizenship, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, genetic information, or any other basis protected by applicable law
Applicants: Please send resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org
Closing date is Wednesday June 8th 2022.